MOBILE APP MARKETING
Reach more users through app promotions and drive app installs
So you have built a great mobile app. What now? Did you plan on how people are supposed to find it? You shouldn’t wait for users to find your app. You should rather help them find it. Promote and market your app to help people discover how great it is.
The question you may be asking yourself is: how shall I do so?
There are multiple ways in which you can boost the discoverability of your app.
If you are looking for immediate results and an increased visibility you should probably think about paid app advertising, while if your budget is tight and you have more margin timewise you should then consider organic growth through an app store optimisation campaign.
Advertising apps via ad campaigns to promote your application on integral platforms such as Google AdWords and Bing Ads will boost your discoverability. These platforms provide a very thorough targeting system and a huge control over costs.
Advertise your app also in social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Get in touch with us to learn more about promoting your app through advertising.
App store optimisation
ASO or app store optimisation is the equivalent of SEO (search engine optimisation) for mobile app search engines such as Apple’s App Store or Google’s Google Play. This app marketing method will help your app rank higher for your target keywords on the app stores. Visit our page about app store optimisation to learn more about improving your rankings on app stores to gain more app installs and an increased organic traffic to your app.
APP PROMOTION WITH GLOC MEDIA
Our approach to mobile app marketing and advertising
Smartphone usage is clearly on the rise. Our mobile phone is the very first thing we take in the morning and the last thing we look at before going to bed at night. Mobile app usage is also growing exponentially: the time we spend on mobile apps has increased by 100% over the last few years.
At Gloc Media we frequently attend Google’s bootcamps and events, and recently we were at the Google Mobile Bootcamp in Google’s offices in London: at this event a Google representative told us that 65% of people start their journey of interaction with a brand on a smartphone, and 93% of these people go on to make a purchase later. This was as shocking as it can be and it puts mobile marketing at a whole new level.
App marketing is an essential part of mobile marketing and at Gloc Media we are experts on developing and marketing successful mobile apps.
App marketing services: the process
App marketing and advertising will help your app gain more visibility and consequently drive more app downloads and installs. We will take the following steps to ensure your app has every chance to be found whenever a user is interested or is searching for a relevant keyword:
1. Defining our target audience. Identifying a clear user profile is vital. Defining your buyer persona or target users will help us narrow the reach of our marketing efforts to be more efficient.
2. Competitor research. We will analyse the current competition and what is the best approach when it comes to market your app successfully.
3. Pre-launch campaign. This is not essential, but we recommend running a pre-launch campaign to raise awareness and create buzz about the app.
4. Strategic app launch. We will arrange a strategically-timed app launch to attract a large number of users.
5. App promotions. Here is where we will implement multiple app marketing strategies. From app store optimisation to app advertising, we will run a wide range of marketing campaigns to maximise the reach of your app.
6. Viral campaign. To complement the app marketing methods, we will launch ad campaigns on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter so that your app goes viral.
7. App updates. Functionality upgrades and app updates will be released to reach new people and re-attract previous existing users. This will help boost app engagement.
8. Reputation management. Once a user has found your app, the reviews are a key element for the user to decide whether or not to download it. We will work on user-generated review generation to achieve great genuine reviews, so that your app will enjoy a brilliant reputation.
Mobile app marketing is a strategy that can be adopted in isolation, but it is highly advisable to consider it as part of a wider, multi-channel approach, being part of a general integrated search strategy, as it will have a stronger effect and will add more value to your overall online efforts.
What else to consider on top of app marketing services…
If you think app promotions can help you, you should know that we provide a number of app-related services that your business could benefit from:
Rank higher on app stores for your target keywords: drive more app downloads and installs.
We develop compelling yet attractive apps that successfully engage and convert users.
Smartphone and mobile usage is exponentially increasing, and so is the audience for mobile advertising. Leverage the opportunities given by this platform with infinite possibilities.
Go a step further in your mobile marketing efforts: the usage of mobile PPC advertising has skyrocketed over the last years. Don’t miss this opportunity to leave your competitors behind.
Pay only when a customer calls you. Set a campaign with enhanced mobile ads with click-to-call phone numbers, and have your potential customers directly call you.
Want to find out more?
For any questions you may have, get in touch and find out how we can help you. Whether you want to ask a general question about a digital marketing channel or enquire about what we can do for you, please feel free to drop us a line. We are more than happy to help!