Why responsive web design is the best way to go mobile
Recent studies show that smartphones are a key shopping tool, as 95% of users research a product or service on their device before making a purchase.
Mobile search has skyrocketed over the last few years. In fact, today over 50% of all local searches are performed from a mobile device. That’s why having a mobile–friendly website is becoming essential for every business.
It’s been widely debated whether to choose a responsive web design for your site or a separate mobile website. But the truth is both models have their pros and cons. Still, at Gloc Media we believe that using a responsive website will bring you more benefits in the end of the day. Specially if you’re running SEO campaigns.
1. Hassle-free. Having a responsive site you will have to manage a single website and domain. And you don’t need to worry about creating specific content for your mobile site.
2. Simplifies SEO efforts. Having a separate computer and mobile website requires having separate SEO campaigns for each site. This is one of the best parts of using responsive web design.
3. Suitable for multiple devices. Websites using responsive web design provide a satisfactory user-experience across many different devices and screen sizes.
4. Better for sharing. With responsive web design, all the content of the site is stored under the same URL, what is much easier for users to share and interact with.
5. Google-friendly. It is much easier for Google to crawl a single website with a unique HTML code and a unique URL. Google strongly recommends implementing a responsive website, and in fact, they consider responsive web design as the industry best practice.